Monday, April 26, 2010

Scratch Film Junkies (II)

Expeiriencing the second film by the Scratch Film Junkies after working on our own camera-less film granted me more of an appreciation for the vast amount of intent that goes into these types of films. While watching St. Louise, I was enamored by the technique of the artists. I especially appreciated their bold use of horizontal animation design. The incorporation of stock footage was interesting as well, as their work with the medium was far more impressive than my own. Overall, the rhythm the filmmakers managed to create was quite impressive, as it was not even present in my work. Although this type of work is clearly not my forte, I believe that I can perhaps incorporate aspects of film manipulation as a way to creatively enhance more narrative forms. I believe that this is where bold filmmakers experiment with their ideas before revealing them to the masses.

No comments:

Post a Comment